Re: Viewing some webpage's content on the Desktop (GNOME)

On Sat, 26 Jun 2010 12:43:27 +0200, Merciadri Luca wrote:

> Camaleón wrote:

>> You mean something like this?
>>
>> ***
>> Fun With xwinwrap in Compiz Fusion
>> http://www.fsckin.com/2008/04/14/fun-with-xwinwrap-in-compiz-fusion/
>> ***
>>
>> I never tested before but I guess having dynamic html content loaded
>> inside the desktop it will take (waste?) many CPU cycles.
>>
> Well, just as Active Desktop allows it, under Windows. I simply want to
> see some data. E.g. at
> http://www.irceline.be/~celinair/french/homefr_java.html, I can see `air
> quality' in Belgium, and I would like this to be constantly updated (at
> a given interval), and shown on my Desktop. I did not find this in the
> video you proposed. Do you understand what I mean now? :)

Then better use a widget for that tasks :-)

Or if the site provides raw data, you can fetch it and make your own
script. But having a complete web page embedded on the desktop is
something I find it a bit "overhelming" >:-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón