Re: Understanding my recurrent network connectivity problems

Hi,

Klistvud wrote:
Dne, 25. 06. 2010 21:24:29 je Merciadri Luca napisal(a):

The problem is that my switch does not have any WAN port!

IIRC switches don't need one, as they juggle packets based on hardware (MAC) addresses. But then again, I've been wrong before ...

Well if you have a LAN port from the modem to the "switch", then you connect PCs to the switch -- one of them can do a PPPoE login (not PPPoA) and only that one machine will be on the Internet.

WAN ports are used on routers and routing b/w the WAN and LAN is taken care of with the router doing the PPPoE login and NATing the LAN.

--
Kind Regards
AndrewM

Andrew McGlashan