Re: Understanding my recurrent network connectivity problems

On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 17:39, Merciadri Luca <Luca.Merciadri@student.ulg.ac.be> wrote:
Camaleón wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Jun 2010 11:57:40 +0200, Merciadri Luca wrote:
>

> (...)
>
> I suppose you are using a wifi setup with at least WPA2-PSK (or AES) so
> we can discard any intruder making "bad things" in your network >:-)

I am not connecting with WiFi (as stated in my previous message), and
neither is WiFi activated. (I do not like WiFi, actually.) (I connected
with RJ-45.)
> If so, first step I'd try to change/replace is the router.

Well, okay, I'll try it. But no other clue? Thanks.

--
Merciadri Luca
client, please contact me.

Do you have lights (led light) for each of your rj45 ports?  Have you seen the output of them when you say that you can not access your router/other computers?
Try installing "ethtool" on your debian and see "ethtool eth0" (or whatever interface) during that time to see link is up.  What about pinging your router/computer at that time?