Re: how to rebuild single kernel module

Okay, thats a bit extreme, m-a seems to be able to build a module with
just the headers.

so all I want to do is rebuild qcserial, patched it to add new id.
don't need to produce a deb.

what i tried was installed the linux-source-2.6.34-1 deb

copied .config from the headers directory did
make oldconfig
make M=<path to module>

copied the qcserial.ko to <lib/mod>/updates

did a depmod -a

then modprobe -v qcserial

but it gave me errors wouldn't load....

Alex