Re: QEMU on Debian issues

On Sun, Jun 20, 2010 at 01:36:57PM +0530, Disc Magnet wrote:
> I have installed QEMU on my Debian Testing box. I have GNOME running
> on my host Debian. The virtual OS installed and running on QEMU system
> is not running X. So, i launch QEMU with my OS image and work on the
> console.
>
> Any solutions to the following problems?
>
> 1. The IP address of the QEMU system appears to be in 10.30.*.* range.
> However, the IP address of my host system is in 192.168.2.*. I can't
> ping QEMU from host or vice versa. This makes exchanging files between
> my host system and QEMU system impossible.
>
> 2. Anyway to copy paste across QEMU system and host system?
>
> 3. The color of the console font appears to be very light shade of
> gray that strains my eyes. Anyway to change the font color?

Hello:

You can solve points 2 and 3 by not using the cosole at all, just
ssh in.  I use the -redir option like this:

-redir tcp:hi_port::22

This will redirect "hi_port" on the host to port 22 on the guest.
Then you just have to ssh to "hi_port".  This works when the guest
uses the default IP, otherwise you need to specify the address.

Jaime