Re: QEMU on Debian issues

On Sun, Jun 20, 2010 at 10:06 AM, Disc Magnet <discmagnet@gmail.com> wrote:
I have installed QEMU on my Debian Testing box. I have GNOME running
on my host Debian. The virtual OS installed and running on QEMU system
is not running X. So, i launch QEMU with my OS image and work on the
console.

Any solutions to the following problems?

1. The IP address of the QEMU system appears to be in 10.30.*.* range.
However, the IP address of my host system is in 192.168.2.*. I can't
ping QEMU from host or vice versa. This makes exchanging files between
my host system and QEMU system impossible.
One solution maybe using smb hack from qemu:
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/QEMU/Networking#SMB_server