Re: problems with dell poweredge server R140 (rack)

> As for the SAS, what errors are you seeing?  Do you see the megaraid-sas
> (I believe that is the correct one, depends on the chipset used on your
> particular PERC) even load?

Server is Dell R410, so I think controller is perc 6/i

> It was a while aqo, but I installed Debian on a 2950 with a PERC, and
> after the initial install, for some %$#^ reason (believe it had to do
> with the installed DRAC and it's virtual drives), /boot was showing up
> on a different drive (think /dev/sda vs /dev/sdb).
>
> I also may have had to manually roll the initrd with the megaraid driver
> as well, don't quite recall.

A bit complex issue, anyway boot works on ubuntu server. Maybe this is
installer bug?

> But without some kind of error message, this is speculation.

Well, it just drops to busybox complaining it cannot mount rootfs.
Maybe I need to use camera/screencapture to get error messages, since
it's a bit complex to get errormessages our of drac.

--
Eero