Re: LVM

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 08:27:32AM +1000, Gerald C.Catling wrote:
> Hi Boyd,
> At what point and how do I insert -P in the lvm system?

man lvchange

> Many thanks to all respondents, and NO I did not have a backup, no drive big
> enough to hold all data.

um... really? I've heard all sorts of reasons for not making backups,
but that is *definitely* not a valid reason. (hint, there is no valid
reason other than "The loss of this data does not matter", which
suggests the questions "then why do you have the data?").

There are many many ways to make take backups beyond having a disk big
enough to hold the data.

.02