LVM

Hi Guy's,
I am not a Debian user but I have seen references to LVM here.
I have 3 drives LVM'd to give me 1.3TB of storage space on my server.
The first drive of this set has died.
I was wondering if any of you Guru's could suggest a method of getting any
remaing data from the LVM drives, that is drive 2 and 3, that are left.
I have tried rebuilding the set, wg0, but the system want to reformat the
drive wg0, just created. Is this formatting going to format the real drives
and rather that just the LVM component?
Your help will be much appreciated.
Gerald