Re: ls -alR with wd?

On 06/10/2010 03:58 PM, Merciadri Luca wrote:
Hi,

I find `find' very inefficient when trying to find some files. I prefer
using `ls -alR | grep stuff' The problem is that the related output does
not give me the directory where `stuff' is found. How can I add some row
giving this? Thanks.

This might be useful to you. I wrote it while pining away for the OpenVMS DIR command, after seeing how incredibly useless "ls -alR" is.

http://members.cox.net/ron.l.johnson/pydir

--
"There is usually only a limited amount of damage that can be
done by dull or stupid people. For creating a truly monumental