Re: Xorg eats lot of CPU after upgrade to KDE 4.4

Jan Hlodan wrote:

> /etc/X11/XF86Config
this is not used anymore
you'll have to create an xorg.conf file and try your luck there

try putting there specific options for the nvidia driver (proprietary or
not). I'm using intel here but installed recently kde4.4 with nvidia and
it's working fine. I think I've put an xorg.conf there or it preexisted.

It's possible that you don't use the full capacity of the card to render
whatever you render but I would guess that DRM (3d) is enabled.

what was the speed reported by xgears ?

apt-cache search xgears
mesa-utils - Miscellaneous Mesa GL utilities

regards