Ordering init scripts & use of CONCURRENCY

First, regarding my earlier email, which I cannot reply to directly
(apologies), as it has been downloaded off of gmail, I *think* I've
gotten the ordering to work correctly.

I changed my lsb header in the custom script (/etc/init.d/phc_vids) to:
# Require-start: $acpi

Then under /etc/insserv.conf I added the following line:
$acpi +cpufrequtils +loadcpufreq

Then ran:
dpkg-reconfigure insserv

And the warning messages were gone about not being able to apply
custom vids because the cpufreq directories hadn't been created yet.
Also, checking the status using:
/etc/init.d/phc_vids status

Showed the correct values had been applied.

All well and good. Unfortunately, I don't really understand what I've
done. I was following the directions from the Debian LSB/insserv wiki,
where I learned it is no longer possible to disable/uninstall insserv
on Squeeze, so the tips I'd read on manually re-ordering the scripts
by changing the numbers would no longer work. E.g., this doesn't work,
or at least, not for long: $ mv /etc/rc2.d/S01phc_vids
/etc/rc2.d/S03phc_vids

Second, there are two ways, or so it seems, to enable concurrent boot.
I.e., starting scripts in parallel. One method says to use
CONCURRENCY=shell, and the other says CONCURRENCY=startpar

This is under /etc/default/rcS

Which is correct or do both do the same thing?

Many thanks,
Arthur