Re: Where is the Xorg.conf - to setup XKB layouts on Squeeze?

On Fri, Jun 04, 2010 at 20:03 +0200, Paul Chany wrote:

> Unfortunately for this I have to have setup XKeyboard layouts in
> xorg.conf. I had this setup on Debian Lenny because there is the file
> /etc/X11/Xorg.conf but here on Squeeze I can't find any Xorg.conf.

The Xorg version in squeeze relies on udev for autoconfiguration and
there are a bunch of options to configure the keymap. KDE/Gnome/... ship
their own tools to do that, but that seems not applicable in your case.

If you *need* a Xorg.conf there is no harm in creating one and *all*
user configuration should happen in there. (as opposed to arcane
udev/hal rules). Take a look at [1] if you want more information. :)

The easiest way to create a bare Xorg.conf is to use

    X -configure
or
    X -configure :1     (if server is active)

> Without this setup I can't use fookb-wmaker. :(

I don't know that program as I typically setup some hotkeys to call
setxkbmap with the appropriate options for switching keymaps.

> Where can I setup Xkeyboard layouts for XWindow system on Debian
> Squeeze?

... as you said: In your Xorg.conf (presumably) :)

Good luck

    Wolodja

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/XStrikeForce/InputHotplugGuide
--