Re: Blockage on Internet maps - is a firewall intervening? Was: Re: PART DIAGNOSED: Re: Trying to install Google Earth on Lenny. How on earth??????

'iptables -L'  will list all rules so maybe somebody from the list will
notice something.

Tux:/home/lisi# iptables -L
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)

Tux:/home/lisi#

Your iptables are empty so they don't "killing" google earth.
Do you get some errors if you start google earth from shell?

I have also uninstalled shorewall and fwbuilder.  I have since restarted.  The
situation is better now, tho' still problematic.  (I restarted because my
system locked up. :-(  Probably due ot memory problems.  I have been
dithering over getting myself some more memory for a couple of months.  This
sttled it, and I took the plunge.

Shall now try to make myself drop this until the memory arrives.

Lisi

More memory always make box cheerful :-)

--
Bye,
Goran Dobosevic