Re: Ugrade from Lenny to Squeeze on old PC Box - fsck died with exit status 8

Paul Chany put forth on 5/28/2010 3:30 AM:

> If I change in fstab all instances of hdaX to sdaX and after reboot
> can't get the running system it would be bad. In that case shall I have
> the opportunity to fix the problem?

AFAICT, it will only be a problem if you try to boot your old Lenny 2.6.26
kernel after you change /etc/fstab.  If you boot the 2.6.32 kernel (and later
ones as you update them) from now on you shouldn't have any problems.

I did something almost identical not long ago when I switched from the piix
IDE driver to libata.  I had to change all the fstab entries to /dev/sdX.  The
only difference between what I did and what you're doing is that I'm using
custom kernels built from kernel.org source.

> On Squeeze how can i install linux-base package from SID?
> (Sorry, this should be another threade..)

You don't need to worry about that now.  Just change your fstab entries and
that should fix it.

--
Stan