Re: Strange printing effect

On 26/05/10 12:08:23, Camaleón wrote:
> On Wed, 26 May 2010 10:26:54 +0100, Barry Samuels wrote:
>
> > I use Debian Testing/Squeeze with the 2.6.32 kernel, hplip and
> > hplip-cups. My printer is a networked HP LaserJet 4500 colour laser.
> >
> > I get a strange print output sometimes where parts of the background
> > are black where it should be white. This only occurs on areas which
> > are empty i.e. there is nothing there to print. The areas which have
> > text do have a white background.
>
> (...)
>
> Make a quick test: create a new printer using CUPS interface (select a
> PS driver) and try to print the same page with the newly created
> printer to see if it happens the same.
> --
> Camaleón

I created a new CUPS printer using the Generic Postscript driver and it
does not appear to produce the problem. Printing a test page from the CUPS
maintenance screen it prints perfectly but in monochrome only.

Printing a spreadsheet using this printer doesn't produce the problem
either but I did select 'Postscript 2' and 'Colour' rather than 'from
driver' and it did print colour.

It does look like the HPLIP driver is causing the problem.

--
Barry Samuels
http://www.beenthere-donethat.org.uk