Re: Tiny terminal text after kernel update

On Mon 24 May 2010 at 17:11:37 +0200, Sven Joachim wrote:

> You can blacklist the module or use nouveau.modeset=0 kernel parameter,
> leaving you with the nv (or nvidia) driver for X.

Changing the console resolution is easily done with the nouveau driver
by using 'video=VGA-1:1024x768' as a kernel option. The output (VGA-1
in my case) can be omitted.

This is also useful to employ if the driver and card do not play well
together and the native resolution of the screen is not detected. With
one card I force 'video=VGA-1:1280x1024', otherwise I get 1024x768.

>                                                    Another possibility
> is to use a bigger font.  Install the console-setup and kbd packages and
> use "dpkg-reconfigure console-setup" to choose your preferred font.

I don't know which bigger console font you have in mind but if it is
one of the Terminus family screen corruption will most likely happen.