Re: Joke

On Tuesday 27 April 2010 02:50:08 Thomas Pomber wrote:
> Yo Debian, I'm happy for you, and I'ma gonna let you finish, but Ubuntu is
>  the greatest operating system of all time!

I don't find that "joke" funny.  It's not offensive or anything, just the
context is all messed up.

> Or not! What do you think lol?

I prefer Debian because more packages are well-maintained under main.  Ubuntu
provides good support for universe, I guess.  But, the fact that Ubuntu feels
those packages need to be separated just demonstrates that they are "second-
class".

Ubuntu LTS is my second choice, and something I recommend if it is likely that
the user wants a commercial support contract.  I find the package manager that
Ubuntu shares with Debian to be enough of an advantage to put it above other
solutions like RHEL or SLE(D/S).

I am comfortable enough to use and maintain RHEL and SLE(S/D) in fairly simple
environments, if the user has some specific need for one of those systems.
That's rare, but is often related to third-party hardware or software being
certified with one of those.