Plagiarism (was Re: PDF is blocked for ...)

On 2010-04-20 07:27, Merciadri Luca wrote:
[snip]
Yes, but there are some nuances. Let's take my example: how would you
have done this? You need to transmit the document, but the receivers are
sufficiently dishonest to print it and to claim they are the authors.

Haven't Academicians had this problem for centuries? How have the rest of them solved it in the past 30 years?

In addition to a watermark, in both the header and footer I'd write something like:
Original research of Merciadri Luca, University of Blah, 15-Apr-2010

If I were paranoid, I'd then print multiple copies and file them with your adviser, the Office of Academic Responsibility, get it stamped/dated by a Notary Public[0], etc, etc.

[0] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Notary_public

--
Dissent is patriotic, remember?