Re: gforce 9400

On 2010-04-14 16:51, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
It is based on the fact that the 'official installer' overwrites files
belonging to debian packages.  When those packages someday get upgraded,
they overwrite what the nvidia driver installed, and then things break.
I have helped enough people fix that kind of mess to know.

Good insights. Exactly what was of interest for me.

It simply comes down to the fact that using the nvidia installer
overwrites packaged files and that is "A bad thing"(tm).

I fully agree, you got me converted to the Debian way. :-)

Thanks for taking the time to answer.