Re: gforce 9400

Camaleón wrote:
On Sat, 10 Apr 2010 05:48:28 +0200, steef wrote:

Camaleón wrote:
please! some further suggestions??

Try to load "nv" driver and see what happens.

............and that is what i did. kaffeine is still giving trouble
with mpeg4-files&&. so i loaded again the intel-driver. this driver or
chip (x4500) is definitely of better quality than the combination
geforce 9400&  and the nv-driver. my conclusion: no hardware-problem,
just a disastrous by-effect of the latest nvidia-driver from their site
on the hardware-combination (?)of my machine.
Yes, quite posible.

so be it till another nvidia-driver will come up or another pci-express
card.

thank you very much, you all have illuminated me!
Just another thing to try.

Issue "lspci | grep VGA" and put here the output.

If your nvidia card is indeed 9400 GT you can try the nvidia driver
available within Debian repositories. I am using that with my old
nvidia 7600 GS and have no problems at all.

In fact, I've also got them installed for my Quadro NVS 440:

***
sm01@stt008:~$ dpkg -l | grep nvidia
ii  nvidia-glx                           173.14.09-5        NVIDIA binary Xorg driver
ii  nvidia-kernel-2.6.26-2-amd64         173.14.09+3+lenny1 NVIDIA binary kernel module for Linux 2.6.26
ii  nvidia-kernel-common                 20080825+1         NVIDIA binary kernel module common files
***

I followed the steps provided at Debian wiki (pre-built modules):

http://wiki.debian.org/NvidiaGraphicsDrivers

Greetings,

here it comes:

steef@debianlennynw:~$ lspci | grep VGA
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)
04:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation Device 0641 (rev a1)
steef@debianlennynw:~$

I'll look into that wiki (again),

it can take some time before i answer again: got to take care of my family now,

kind reg.,

steef