Re: About USB hard drives and errors

On 2010-04-09 11:04, Paul E Condon wrote:
[snip]

But ... Why does the output say that the disk was modified
during the run? There were no badblocks found. What needed
modification?

Good question.

Do you have similar magic for dumpe2fs?

Nope.

Of course your output presented here indicates that
you HD is not one on which you can verify badblock
printing, since your disk has no badblocks.

I could have done a -cc test (which the man page says is a "non-destructive read-write test") but I don't want to take the chance of making a mistake or there being a bug and having it foul the partition.

--
Dissent is patriotic, remember?