udev & /dev/sdaX & lenny2squeeze

Hi,

I just migrate my desktop from lenny to squeeze and after installing all new packages and reboot the system hang at the boot process asking for the root password because it can't find /dev/sdaX, where X=2,6,7,8,9. All are valid partitions. root is /dev/sda5 and it is the only partition mounted. fdisk /dev/sda says that /dev/sda not found. Indeed ls /dev/sd* shows only /dev/sdY, with Y=c,d,e,f,f1, no /dev/sdZ, where Z=a*,b*. I try MAKEDEV sda but it says that because .udev is present it must abort.

I can't use the system in this state. Any ideas?

If nothing I will try to boot with knoppix or the net-install testing CD and chroot into the system to attempt a kernel compilation. But I am not sure if the kernel is problematic at the moment.

Thank you,
Ionel