Re: OT:Script idea/problem

On 2010-04-07 20:03, Thierry Chatelet wrote:
[snip]

They all but one have a Lenny install. The squeeze one is no problem for me, the owner is quiet active in learning gnu-linux, and he is taking care of his machine. Yes, Ron, I told them to do it on a regular time, every other week, but they don't do it. So a mail telling them it' s time could help. Well, if it is too complicated I will have to still go around every now and then to upgrade their box, but it's a pain in .....

Have (or do for) them install cron-apt and configure it to update on $DOW. Then have a cron entry on *your* machine email them a nag.

Or... update-notifier or update-manager-gnome might be what they need.

--
"History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak
or the timid."  Dwight Eisenhower