RE: [Samba] how to mount shares as a user without mount.cifs setuid

Unfortunately, the suggested fusesmb replacement is an apples to oranges kind of thing.

Gary, I heard a rumour that cifs-utils 4.2 is supposed to address this issue, but I can't find documentation on the web.

4.2 hasn't made it into Sid yet (so it will be a bit before Squeeze sees it).