Re: Umont ownership?

On Wed, 07 Apr 2010 08:41:06 -0700, jeremy jozwik wrote:

> getting more interesting at every attempt...
>
> step 1.
> # mount

(...)

 /dev/sdb1 on /media/video type vfat
> (rw,nosuid,nodev,uhelper=hal,shortname=lower,uid=1000)

O.k. That seems now reasonable :-)

> step 2.
> GNOME right click > unmount. error shows

Yep. I told you that some devices display this message. It happens to me
*always* with my mobile phone. It does not happen with standard usb flash
disk, though.

> step 3.
> # mount

(...)

Which means it has been umounted.

I get the same behaviour than you, but only when I attach a special
device (GNOME recognizes the mobile phone as some kind of music stuff).

Try this:

1/ Plug on the device
2/ Type mount (to get the device listed)
3/ Type "umount /media/video" (adjust the command to point the right path)
4/ Type "mount"

With these steps I get no pop-up or warning messages and the device gets
umounted normally.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón