Re: Squeeze Gnome Preferences >> Removable Drives and Media

On 26.03.2010 22:31, Paul E Condon wrote:
> I've been running Squeeze on my desktop computer for many weeks and
> just today noticed that "Removable Drives and Media" is not available
> in the Gnome Preferences menu. It is/was available in Lenny, but not
> Squeeze, at least not for me.
>
> Googling indicates this is a known issue, but seems to be ignored as
> being somehow uninteresting to GUI users, or something. I can't find
> anything that is Debian specific on this.

In Sid/Squeeze, gnome-volume-manager no longer handles automounting of removable
drives. That is directly managed within nautilus/gvfs nowadays.
You can configure this settings in nautilus: Edit->Preferences->Media.

See also the changelog of gnome-volume-manager.

The main purpose of g-v-m in sid/squeeze remains to handle special cases like
handling  webcam  plugin events and stuff.

HTH,
Michael

universe are pointed away from Earth?