Re: OpenOffice and Fluxbox, window sizing problem

"Wayne <linuxtwo@gmail.com>" <linuxtwo@gmail.com> writes:

> Tyler Smith wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm trying to use openoffice on Debian testing, with Fluxbox as my
>> window manager. I use the styles and formatting dropdown, and the
>> undocked window it provides when you click on the "more" option quite a
>> lot.
>
> Styles & formatting in what, fluxbox or OO?

OO

> However, no matter how many times I manually resize the undocked
>> window, or set my preferences for this window to be relatively small and
>> placed off to one side of the screen, it is constantly resized to
>> maximize, obscuring everything on the screen. This happens whenever I
>> use alt-tab to bounce between windows.
>
> I just brought up OO writer. Yes it takes up the whole screen. I then
> sized it to the size I wanted, right clicked on the titlle bar at the
> top, slected Remember, then clicked on the top 5 items and the Save on
> Close. Quit Writer and then selected it again. The OO writer window is
> as I had previously set. That works for most of the apps.

That's not the issue I'm having. It's the "Styles and Formatting" window
within OpenOffice that gets maximized. I described it further:

>> Typical example:
>>
>> Open oowriter
>> Click on the apply-styles drop-down in the menubar
>> Click on the "more" style option
>> The entire screen is taken up by the "Styles and Formatting" window
>> Resize the "Styles and Formatting" window with the mouse or keyboard shortcuts
>> Open a second document
>> alt-tab between the two documents
>> the "Styles and Formatting" window is now maximized again!
>>
>> I don't know if this is a fluxbox issue, or an OOO issue, but I've tried
>> setting appropriate options in .fluxbox/apps, and I can't override this
>> very annoying behaviour. Any help would be appreciated.
>
> If I'm mistaken the styles/formatting  are for the document, not the OO writer window.

Well, yes. I open the "styles formatting" window for the document, but I
can't actually see the document because the styles and formatting window
is maximized over top of the document it is associated with.

> Maybe I am not understanding you correctly.

Hopefully it's clearer now.

Thanks,

Tyler