Re: dependency hell + I want to keep deb installation files local ...

~
 I am benefiting from your comments, but I was originally thinking
about a directory/file-based approach which apt-get seems to be
capable of and source.list documents
~
 I would like to just carry my external drive, plug it in and do my
thing. You are not supposed to be setting up servers in networks you
don't own. "Simplicity" is not only good in a spiritual/Franciscan
way. There should always be venues for it
~
 Why is it that apparently this doesn't seem to be a popular idea in
the debian community/culture? Don't they like it? Why not?
~
 I have searched for this way of doing things and either people
apparently don't do things this way or they don't talk about it
~
 Thanks
 lbrtchx