Re: Java plugins in 64bit Debian

On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 11:00:14 +0200, Jari Fredriksson wrote:

> I installed a Debian Lenny (amd64), and sun-jdk in addition to the
> default gcj based default Java.
>
> When I access Java content with Firefox (or is IceWeasel) the browsed
> prompts me to install JDK... Clicking the prompt shows Sun's website
> with download button.
>
> I installed that, but nothing changes.
>
> Using update-java-alternatives talks about missing firefox.plugin.so or
> something similar, no matter which of the alternatives I pick.
>
> Where can those plugin shared libraries can be get? Downloading JRE from
> Sun does not install them.

I've got installed the following packages:

sm01@stt008:~$ dpkg -l | grep sun
ii  sun-java6-bin                        6-12-1                     Sun Java(TM) Runtime Environment (JRE) 6 (ar
ii  sun-java6-jre                        6-12-1                     Sun Java(TM) Runtime Environment (JRE) 6 (ar
ii  sun-java6-plugin                     6-12-1                     The Java(TM) Plug-in, Java SE 6

So maybe you are missing the "sun-java6-plugin" package.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón