Samba 3.4.3 PDC + Win7Pro can't connect to domain

I have spent many late nights looking into this problem but have gone
nowhere, I would really appreciate someone to shine some light on this
problem for me.
I have 2 workstations ascoffice1 which is a WinVistaBusiness client -
works perfectly although doing anything that requires privledge
escallation while attached to the domain fails. Roaming profiles work.
The other machine ascoffice2 is a Win7Pro client. This is the one I am
having problems with.

On connecting to the domain (after applying the suggestions here #1)
I get this error message:
The specified domain does not exist or could not be contacted.

Upon rebooting and trying to login I get the error message:
The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed.

Looking at the server shares the Only thing I can spot that is missing
is the Admin$ share:

earth:~# smbclient -L earth
Enter root's password:
Domain=[ASC] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.4.3]

        Sharename       Type      Comment
        ---------       ----      -------
        netlogon        Disk      Network Logon Service
        print$          Disk      Printer Drivers
        IPC$            IPC       IPC Service (root session user root
group earth clienthost)
Domain=[ASC] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.4.3]

        Server               Comment
        ---------            -------
        ASCOFFICE1
        ASCOFFICE2
        EARTH                 session user %G group nmbd clienthost

        Workgroup            Master
        ---------            -------
        ASC                  EARTH
        WORKGROUP            HP
earth:~#

Removing and re-adding the machine to the domain causes the machine
account to dissapear and re-appear looking at:

earth:~# net sam list workstations
ASCOFFICE1$
ASCOFFICE2$

I don't know where, how or why the Admin$ share does not exist, I have
followed (mostly) example 4 in this book #2

Many thanks,

Adrian

#1 http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Windows7
#2 http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-Guide/Big500users.html
--
24x7x365 != 24x7x52 Stupid or bad maths?
apartment it is.