How to connect my ipod?

Hi,

I got a brand new toy, an iPod classic 160 GB, for my birthday today.
When I connect I can see it through Nautilus. But depending on the mood
of my machine (?) it is mounted as /dev/sdd, /dev/sde of whatever sd* it
sees fit at /media/usb0 or /media/usb1 if I happened to have a
usb-memory stick in my machine.

Is it possible to let the iPod appear consistently at /media/ipod so
that I can use it with GtkPod, which expects it to be at that mount
point (or any other consistent mount point I guess)? If so, how does one
do that using Debian Squeeze?

TIA

--
Groeten,