Re: Two computers in one: two users each with their own accounts, monitor, and keyboard?

Dotan Cohen wrote:

> I have a desktop computer with onboard VGA and option to add a
> discrete video card. It has plenty of spare USB ports for mice and
> keyboards.
>
> Does Debian support using this computer for _two_ workstations, each
> with their own user accounts, monitor, and keyboard? The goal is to
> save space, electricity, and maintenance in a cramped desk in which
> now two people must each have their own computer (home environment). I
> prefer to stick with Lenny but am willing to experiment with Squeeze
> or even a Debian derivative if need be. Thanks in advance.

Any distro should be able to handle this, provided you're willing to
tinker for long enough to make it work.  Linux Gazette had an article
about this.

http://linuxgazette.net/124/smith.html

Googling for "multiseat linux" seems to find lots of tutorials and
howtos for various distributions with various hardware.