Re: Cannot Login

Hi Raquel,

Are you trying to log in as root or as a regular user? Can you provide
further detail about the error...

In case you're having trouble attempting to login as root, you can run
linux in single mode which will start as root, without asking any password.

Restart the server, when the GRUB menu appears press 'e' over your
kernel entry (If you have set a password for GRUB, press 'p' first enter
the pass and then press 'e') add the word 'single' at the end of the
line starting with kernel. It will look something like this:

title		 ....
root		....
kernel		/vmlinuz-2.6.26-2-686 root=/dev/sda1 ro single
initrd		/initrd.img-2.6.26-2-686

Press ENTER to save the changes, then 'b' to boot debian using that entry.

You'll get a root console, without being asked for a password. Set a new
root password, make any config you need and restart.

Regards,

Ariel