Re: [SOLVED] Wireless Adapter Card compatibility

Mark wrote:
Awesome info, thanks everyone for helping find a good solution.  I have yet
to purchase but have very good direction on some candidates to buy now.

Klistvud: Thanks for the tips - I prefer to put my money towards a
Linux-friendly company any chance I get.  I'd prefer a new card if possible
but not opposed to buying used.

Nate: Great info.  I've found several ath5k module cardbus adapters using
Celejar's link (
http://linux-wless.passys.nl/query_chipset.php?chipset=Atheros, and
searching for "ath5k" in the results).  Having the card supported natively
with the kernel is my ideal solution.

Thanks again for the ideas and help!

Mark

Mark

  Sorry to get in so late on this thread.

Do a google search for madwifi. All the info about cards that work with the Atheros drivers is there. Look for the Compatibility page.

I have 5 Atheros PCMCIA cards working with my favorite being the NetGear WG511U. Got 3 of them 'cheap' on Ebay 3 years ago.

  They have a lot of very helpful information on setting up all kinds of
networks as well.

WT