Re: remount removeable drive in Lenny - how?

On Mon,20.Jul.09, 10:59:33, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
> In <[🔎] 87skgrmp6i.fsf@sofocles.comuna.andre>, Tiago Saboga wrote:
> >Andrei Popescu <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> writes:
>
> udevadm trigger && udevadm settle
> ?
>
> >> This thread seems interesting
> >
> >Yes, it should solve the problem, but I would still like to understand
> >why hal/udev must remove the device links in /dev/.
>
> Because the device is no longer accessible.  It's not a must, but that is
> why udev removes the nodes.

I think the question is completely justified, but the problem doesn't
seem to be hal or udev, but the volume manager.

Under Xfce I get an icon on the desktop when I plug in an USB stick, but
it doesn't disappear if I unmount it via right-click (which is exactly
what the OP wants).

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)