How to install Debian on a server with a LSISAS1068E controller?

I am trying to get my friend Debian Lenny going on a SuperMicro
SuperServer 6026T-3RF.  It uses a LSISAS1068E SAS controller.

The manual claims "RAID5 in the Windows OS Environment, and RAID
0, RAID 1, RAID 10 for the Linux OS)" which might be correct if
you define "Linux OS" as RedHat or SuSE.  Neither the stable nor
testing netinst finds any drives.

The most promising so far has been
<http://tjw.org/ubuntu-megasr/> not entirely sure how I would get
a driver compiled for it as I do not use the same kernel anywhere
else.  The links are broken, but I am guessing it refers to the
drivers available on the LSI web site.

Any other ideas?

/Allan
--