Re: Recommended Audio CD player?

Alan Greenberger wrote:
So, I don't know if you (or anyone else here) has any further thoughts/
suggestions.  Google searches are now beginning to either throw back

Have you run a mixer and made sure the volume is up and nothing is
muted?

What happens if you run
aplay something.wav

Alan

Nothing is muted - have double-checked and checked again - and as mentioned Rhythmbox picks up the drive okay ... just nothing else seems to.

Tried to do what you suggested and even when directing it to the drive I either get the response that it is not a directory or that the file doesn't exist.

I've gone through dmesg and the drive is definitely registered at boot up as /dev/sr0 but nothing touches it for audio CDs, except R'Box.  It is really frustrating because it seems contradictory: KsCD can read the tracks but won't play the disc, Goobox claims its an invalid drive even when directed to it on the command line.

Cheers

AG