Re: When you needed newer software than Sid/Backports provide...

Hi,

I understand Aoki-san's concern.
There's no easy way to find out whether a package can be trusted or not.

I'd use stow for the moment. It would work for my purpose in most cases.
Someday I might like them to be packaged to deploy them in easy way.
Even in that case, I'd still keep those things away from official
system to avoid
them overwriting *stable* software. (/usr/local or the like)

Thank you