Re: No sound on fresh 5.01

On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 11:20, Sthu Deus <sthu.deus@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank You for Your time and answer, Kelly:
>
>> Check to see if you have a sound server installed (esd, arts, PA).
>> They can get in the way (although I happen to like PA). Check your
>> sound modules with lsmod. Check that you don't also have a sound
>> chip on your motherboard
>
> But could You be more specific here: how can I find out the right modules for my sound card?

Do
lspci -v

and look for something like this (mainly the "audio device" bit, the rest
may be different):

00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) HD Audio
Controller (rev 02)
	Subsystem: Intel Corporation Device d701
	Memory at e0320000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]
	Capabilities: <access denied>
	Kernel driver in use: HDA Intel

If the drivers are not being loaded it may not have the "Kernel driver
in use:" line.

You can post the info here, or look for yourself on the ALSA site.
You could also post the output of lsmod, especially entries starting with
snd_

Cheers,
Kelly Clowers