Re: Why did you chose Debian over CentOS?

Debian vs CentOS

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies-archive.cfm/840600.html

Personally, I like the concept behind Debian. CentOS is ultimately dependent on Red Hat, while Debian is essentially self-contained. Should Red Hat shutter their doors tomorrow, CentOS would eventually become another dead distro. With the advancement and popularity of Ubuntu (based on Debian,) Debian users have both an advanced core group of users and developers to rely on (namely, the thousands of people who collaborate on Debian packages) as well as a thriving casual user base (the Ubuntu forums are extremely lively and helpful.)

Still, if I were in your shoes I'd do a test installation of both CentOS and Debian on a couple of my target machines to see which distro's glitches and bugs are easier to live with.

Stephan

Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
Raleigh Guevarra wrote:
To All Web Hosting Providers,

I need your help to prove and defend Debian to the CIO and a dozen of developers.

Why did you chose Debian over CentOS to host dozens of websites?

Both technical and logical inputs or explanation is greatly appreciated.

Because Debian sounds cooler.  CentOS sounds like it's worth a cent.