Re: Compiling Linux kernel

On 2009-12-17 at 21:32:59 -300, Daniel Bareiro wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I am trying to compile Linux 2.6.32 with the source code of kernel.org.
> Kernel that I'm using at the moment is 2.6.26-2-686 of the Debian
> GNU/Linux repositories.
>
> In order to generate the configuration, I've copied the file
> corresponding to this kernel to the directory of sources,
> /usr/src/linux, and I've executed make menuconfig:

As some others have already pointed out, I believe your basic problem
is trying to use a config file from an old release with a new release.
That is not recommended.  But on the general subject of kernel building
in Debian, you might want to check out the following web site:

http://www.wowway.com/~zlinuxman/Kernel.htm