Re: Applet to show arbitrary text in gnome panel

Dne, 15. 12. 2009 11:54:15 je Matteo Riva napisal(a):
What I'd like is a container which runs a script on a timer and displays
its output.  Basically something like Conky, just for the gnome panel.

Is there such a thing?

The closest thing I am aware of is Zenity. Only, it does not display the output "inside" the gnome panel: you have the option to either display the message as a popup dialog, or as a "bubble" in the panel's notification area.

--
Regards,

Klistvud
Certifiable Loonix User #481801