Re: apt-file update doesn't get Contents-i386.gz from my own apt repository

On Sat, Dec 12, 2009 at 3:47 AM, Osamu Aoki <osamu@debian.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 01:49:13PM -0800, Peter Michaux wrote:

>> I have created my own apt simple repository
>
> Which documentation recommended you to create a so called "simple
> repository"?  It should be avoided these days.
>
> (See http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-reference/ch02.en.html#_small_public_package_archive )

It seems that a "simple repository" directory structure is the
problem. "apt-file update" only searches in a more complex, standard
apt repository structure with a directory hierarchy for distributions
and then main, free, non-free etc.

Peter