Re: hp-deskjet-6122 printer and cups

I Rattan wrote:
I am trying to install hp deskjet 6122 printer via cups page.
It finds a driver that has the attribute:

   .. Foomatic/gutenprint-ijs.5.2

and configures it. When a test page is printed the error
message ".. guntenprint-ijs" is not installed.

What package might contain this software?

Well, I don't use gutenprint, but I do own that printer... and I do use CUPS.

For me, the current HPLIP and CUPS packages on Sid are working perfectly. If you install these packages using 'aptitude', you will get all of the stuff you need for that printer automatically:

    cups
    cups-bsd
    hplip
    hplip-gui
    hpijs-ppds

I also recommend

    hplip-doc

You should delete any attempts you have made to configure the DeskJet 6122 using CUPS, then configure it using HPLIP. It will automatically find the proper PPD file ('hp-deskjet_6122-hpijs.ppd', from the 'hpijs-ppds' package) if you do things this way. (If you don't, you deserve whatever problems result! ;-)

HTH,
Dave W.