Re: Need to reconfigure sound on every boot

On Tue, 03 Nov 2009 20:58:40 -0500
Dave Witbrodt <dawitbro@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Neal Hogan wrote:
> > On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 9:19 AM, Andreas Ronnquist
> > <andreas.ronnquist@meritkonsult.se> wrote:
> >> Hi!
> >>
> >> I need to do a alsaconf after every boot, otherwise I don't get any
> >> sound. This is on a ABit motherboard, Nvidia nforce 590 chipset, with
> >> built-in sound. How can I make it configure the built-in sound-card
> >> automatically on every boot?

--->cut<---

I found out a solution - Rebooting I discovered that it gave me warnings
"cannot enumerate USB device" - and looking at the debian forums I found
these posts:

http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39116&p=265179#p264099

So - I tried to disconnect my USB webcam and rebooting, using fewer USB
devices, sound is back! No need to alsaconf any longer! The behaviour is
consistent even when rebooting.

Thank you guys for your time.

--
Andreas Ronnquist <andreas.ronnquist@meritkonsult.se>