Re: google chrome extensions

On Wed, 28 Oct 2009 20:23:47 +0200, David Baron in gmane.linux.debian.user wrote:

> I got the extensions at the link suggested!
>
> Get listed by "chrome://extensions", not "about://..."

Correct. I don't think I said otherwise though. LOL

> They work. Of course, is this whole thing contra to the whole idea behind
> chrome as a minimalist browser? Want bloat, get firefox?

Chrome is minimalist in UI, not sold as being minimalist in resources. As
anyone in web development knows; AJAXey websites suck up the resources,
client side. That said webkit, runs quicker and uses less resources than
Gecko/XUL based browsers like Firefox.

> I guess I will try some of these. Keep a few that are, indeed useful :-)

Some are quite useful; especially if one is into any of the social type
of networking sites. Chrome's use of extensions is considerably safer than the
way Firefox handles them. That's supposed to be one of Chrome's strong
points; make the web safer to use.