Re: How to uninstall a kernel and *all* of its "dependencies"?

On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 05:15:14PM +0300, Jari Fredriksson wrote:

> 23.10.2009 17:03, Pedro Insua kirjoitti:
> > dpkg -L debian-reference-en
> >

> I have not this package installed, so says that command. What good does
> it bring? Documents? I never read documents from my disk, I read them
> from internet.

  'debian-reference', is a 'metapackage',  install 'all'
  translations of 'debian-reference'.. English, Portuguese, German,
  Spanish.. etc

  But if you only want your language, by example English, you must
  install 'debian-reference-en'.

  If you try 'apt-cache search debian-reference', you can see all the
  packages translations.

  Imagine, you want english translation, the steps are:

  apt-get update (the last version)

  apt-get install debian-reference-en (install the package)

  now, you can use 'dpkg -l package_name' to see all files and
  locations.

  In Debian, all the documentation is in '/usr/share/doc/'.

  For 'debian-reference-en' would be in:
  '/usr/share/doc/debian-reference-en/'

> I have used linuces from 1994, but Debian only maybe 2 years. Should I
> install it?

  If you want the Debian reference guide, yes

--
Porqué loitar e matar, se podes amar e sonhar

/"\
\ /  CAMPANHA DA FITA ASCII - CONTRA MAIL HTML
 X   ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN - AGAINST HTML MAIL
/ \