Re: Setting Default Group Permissions In Folders

On Wed, Oct 07, 2009 at 05:47:40PM -0500, Austin Brkich wrote:

> group www-user however I am unable to automatically set the
> permissions to 664 and there defaulting to 644. I know this is do to

If you don't  want to adjust the default umask or change the file modes
directly, you'll have to set file ACLs giving everyone user rights to
the file(s)  A simpler way to deal with this is just to write a cron job
that changes the mode for you, like so:

    find /path/to/files -type f | xargs chmod 664

Have fun!

--
"Oh, look: rocks!"
	-- Doctor Who, "Destiny of the Daleks"