Re: Computer overheating

On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 06:47:56AM +0000, marc wrote:

> Probably the Nvida; at least, its driver. I have a similar problem on
> my laptop. I have to be careful with flash and playing some videos

You might try the latest nvidia driver, and see if that helps. For
example:

    sudo m-a update; sudo m-a prepare; sudo m-a auto-install nvidia

You might also consider adding:

    Option "OnDemandVBlankInterrupts" "True"

to the "Device" section of your xorg.conf, which I understand is
supposed to lower CPU usage. Also, running:

    nvidia-settings -a synctovblank=1

may reduce CPU usage at the cost of dropping the frame-rate to your
monitor's refresh rate.

--
"Oh, look: rocks!"
	-- Doctor Who, "Destiny of the Daleks"